Friday, November 1, 2013

Salad Mixes and Basil

Vman103-Productions
Website 

This is a blog post about my attempt at growing Mesclun Salad Mixes, a seed package I bought from Seeds of Change. This post also contains my attempt at growing a new Basil plant from seed.


Mesclun Salad Mixes


I have seen my fair share of lettuce, but this is something I've never succeeded at before: actually growing my own. I am not a green thumb, yet I'm fairly knowledgeable about plants. I am growing a Mesclun Salad Mix from Seeds of Change. It is just a mix of different seeds, and I think arugula is one of them. I've heard good things about that plant! It makes an interesting addition to salads(and maybe soups). If I manage to grow it, I plan to add arugula to a curry of some kind. Innovative? Yes. Does it make sense? Maybe.

Basil


I am about to grow a whole new Basil plant soon. If you've read the date up on this post, you'll know that it is actually in the middle of fall right now, the worst time of the year to grow a Mediterranean herb. If you've been asking yourself, "what's that crazy guy thinking", or something like that, my answer's simple...

I can grow plants indoors! Fantastic, isn't it. I use the sun whenever I can, but I can't take my plants outside. What's a gardener to do? Get a plant light! I'll share the process of growing Basil and how it can be used. I'll also share how I plant to use the salad mix I just sowed.

I already have a plant growing, but it's slow as a snail, in spite of saying that it would be harvest-able in 28 days. Or perhaps it was supposed to be that small! I'm not sure, so I'll just see what happens with the other seeds I planted.

Cheerio!

1 comment:

  1. Hello there, There's no doubt that your website might be having
    internet browser compatibility issues. When I take a look
    at your site in Safari, it looks fine but when opening in Internet Explorer, it's got some overlapping issues.
    I merely wanted to provide you with a quick heads up! Apart from that,
    fantastic blog!

    Also visit my website; mobile nine games

    ReplyDelete

All that is required is some basic decency—in other words, no name-calling, trolling, or volleying baseless insults. Good and bad reviews are both allowed. They merely need to be truthful and not contain gratuitous amounts of bad language.